Food & Beverage Solutions
Improve Productivity and Product Quality While Reducing Production Costs
The food and beverage industry is rapidly changing to address consumer demand, increasing food safety requirements, and intensified regulatory compliance -- all while improving productivity and increasing product quality.
A&D Weighing offers end-to-end weighing and inspection solutions for each stage of your product's journey:
- Product conception in research and development
- Quality control of raw materials during intake
- Product production and processing
- Packaging and filling of finished goods
Sometimes a Bakers Dozen Won’t Cut It
Too much or too little of a product can have major implications on your bottom line as well as your brand's reputation. Utilizing weighing equipment, such as static or in-motion checkweighers, throughout your process can ensure that you are not giving away product, and that you are meeting specifications of your customers - avoiding chargebacks and other fees.
Consistency: How Do You Measure a Pinch or a Dash?
Consistency is not only important to ensure a homogenous product in look and feel, but in taste as well.
Testing your product throughout manufacturing for moisture content to ensure shelf-life, by sampling for quality control with analytical or precision balances, and testing the viscosities of your liquids ensures that your product meets consumer expectations.
Find out how to improve your moisture results with our moisture prep infographic:
Not Everything is Dishwasher Safe
Not only do food & beverage manufacturers deal with wet environments, requiring washdown-rated equipment, but the use of harsh cleaning chemicals can cause premature deterioration.
A&D Weighing offers a variety of IP rated products in both the production area and the laboratory to meet your hazardous environment needs -- and to prolong the life of your equipment.
See our IP rated products
Avoiding & Detecting Contamination
There are various production zones throughout the manufacturing process, which means that are many opportunities for contaminates to make their way into a product.
One way weighing and inspection equipment from A&D reduces the risk for contamination is with its stainless steel designs, making the equipment easy to clean between runs and NSF approved for sanitary design.
Additionally, inspection by metal detectors can find ferrous material, like stainless steel, and non-ferrous material, like aluminum. X-ray inspection can also detect glass, bone, plastics and other contaminants while simultaneously checking for other product consistency issues, like misshapen or missing product., further ensuring product consistency.
Learn more about how product inspection can assure safety and improve quality.
Scalability and Flexibility for Any Recipe
Whether you’re making a few dozen scones or a hundred thousand candies per day, A&D Weighing can help you formulate the right recipe.
A&D Weighing offers weighing equipment that spans a large range of capacities, plus the ability to weigh in units that meet your needs, like ounces, pounds or weighing by percent and more.
Sticky Syrups and Sugar
The viscosity of your ingredients influences the consistency, appearance and texture of a product due, so it is an important variable to monitor in most production stages.
Whether your are producing sauces, dips and liquid additives, knowing the flow properties can help improve your quality control processes.
Research & Development
All food and beverage products are conceived in a R&D lab in small batches or test recipes that are perfected and formulated before scaling up in production. At this stage, you may need to utilize products like the following:
Food Lab Quality Control
It is essential to provide consistent product quality while assuring food safety throughout the manufacturing process, which means adhering to GLP standards and food safety regulations.
Ensuring full control over quantity and quality of incoming goods.
Improve production efficiency with less product giveaway
- Static checkweighers can be used to visually verify over/under/okay packages, allowing workers to quickly correct the package without any guesswork
- Indicators and weigh cells provide data acquisition to the product line where metrics like tons per hour can be tracked
- In-motion checkweighers increase productivity and reduce labor, which leads to quick ROI capture; they also provide 100% inspection as all products flow through your line
Packaging & Filling
Assure legal compliance and reduce under and overfill
- In-line checkweighers validate fill level and inspect for over/underweight packages, safeguarding against false rejects and allows packers to differentiate themselves through promotion of higher quality standards
- In-line metal detection guards against the smallest of contaminants while minimizing the risk of false rejects.
- In-line X-ray detects more than just metal with advanced features that can find contaminants such as plastic, bone, stone, missing components, non-conforming shapes and more.
FOOD & BEVERAGE TOOLBOX
Improve Your Moisture Results
Moisture analysis is an effective and efficient way to assure the quality of your products. Get started on the basics with this simple infographic.
How to Clean Your Balance in 8 Easy Steps
7 Things to Consider Before Buying a Checkweigher
There are several factors that play into successful checkweighing, including product types and sizes, environmental conditions and other variables that should be properly gauged that affect accuracy.
Washdown Scale Guide
Find out which washdown scale is the right one for your application.
ABOUT A&D WEIGHING
Why Trust A&D?
From raw ingredients to the store shelves, product weighing and inspection is a key component of ensuring quality in the food and beverage industry, one you shouldn’t trust to just anyone.
- A&D is an established global company that has been a trusted provider of long-lasting and reliable measurement instrumentation for over 40 years.
- Our balances, scales, and inspection equipment is suitable for direct food contact and are rated to handle the baking environment with ease, meeting USDA standards.
- Our weighing and inspection equipment is trusted to assure quality for some of the most popular CPG brands in the world.
- Ask us about existing installs that run 365 days a year worldwide.
- Our intuitive software and user interface allows customers to easily setup new products and view production reports.
Get an expert’s opinion on the right weighing and inspection equipment for your facility.