A High-Growth Business Model:
A&D Scales Improve Productivity and Profitability for Cannabis Industry
Scales rapidly check bulk plant weight, minimize moisture content
and comply with legal-for-trade requirements
SAN JOSE, Calif. – July 25, 2018 – For attendees at the Cannabis Business Summit, A&D Weighing will showcase two scale series with key features for the Cannabis industry: the FX-iN precision balance and the HV-C bench scale. Both will be featured, in addition to other scales from A&D Weighing, in the company’s booth (#906) during the Cannabis Business Summit this week.
With its easy integration into existing POS systems, the FX-iN trade-legal precision balance combines essential weighing functions in a compact, light-weight package. Its fast stabilization and IP65-certification allow business owners to quickly and accurately ensure proper product amounts.
The HV-C has been widely accepted as the trade-legal platform scale for the cannabis industry. The re-designed and upgraded series provides a number of new features that maximize profitability by enhancing productivity inside manufacturing facilities, transportation and processing.
“At A&D, we are committed to providing our customers with the most advanced innovative features through new product development,” said Terry Duesterhoeft, President and CEO of A&D – Americas. “These scales are especially useful for weighing raw materials from growers, and along the production chain to finished goods. The HV-C/CP series includes new features like the comparator lights, bright LCD display, alphanumeric keypad and a built-in printer that brings convenience and efficiency to a new level.”
The weighing equipment featured at the Cannabis Business Summit are trade-legal with the following features:
- Fast stabilization: To streamline operations, the measured value can stabilize in as quickly as one second.
- Auto-tare Function: The two balances can automatically perform tare when the weight reaches the set target range, saving the operator from the hassle of pressing the TARE key each time for consecutive checkweighings, such as when filling multiple cups on the weighing pan with the same target quantity. In addition, negative values can also be set as upper and lower limits of the comparator. When combined with the auto-tare function, the result is "take-away" checkweighing that measures by repeatedly taking the target quantity out of a container without having to press any keys.
- Bright LCD display: For optimum visibility in low-light areas, the clear white backlight on the display provides excellent visibility, improves operator work efficiency and reduces errors.
- The IP65 dust & waterproof unit can be washed and also allows for weighing of wet objects. The surface of the stainless steel (SUS430) weighing pan is resistant to chemicals, scratches and rust, and easy to keep clean and hygienic.
- NTEP Certification is a must-have for trade-legal applications such as agriculture, recycling, package shipping, and bulk commodity sales. The cannabis industry with its focus on accountability also uses the HV-C/CP series to weigh entire plants to ensure seed-to-sale traceability.
About A&D Weighing:
A business unit of A&D Engineering and part of the A&D Americas family of businesses, A&D Weighing is an ISO 9001 certified company and based in San Jose, Calif. Leveraging A&D’s more than 40 years of experience with technology innovation in the development of precision measurement and control products, A&D Weighing designs and manufactures a complete line of viscometers, electronic balances, scales, weighing indicators and controllers for pharmacy, laboratory, food service and industrial applications, as well as advanced electronic blood pressure monitoring equipment for both home health care and professional markets. A&D is a multinational company with operations in Asia, Australia, Europe, Mexico and the United States. For more information about A&D Weighing, please visit https://andweighing.com/.